Ana içeriğe geç

The second generation HTC One—dubbed the HTC One (M8)—features a dual flash and the new Sense 6 UI, and was released March 25, 2014.

202 Soru Tümünü görüntüle

Phone won't charge, charge slot burned

The other day charging my phone, my phone charger ended up burning my charging chip inside my HTC M8. The phone still works but when attempting to turn it on, the phone just keeps showing it is at 0% even with multiple different tries using different chargers. Looking inside the charging slot you can clearly see the chip is toasted. Is this replaceable and or fixable? I rather fix it, even if it's by someone else than to buy an entire new phone.

Thanks ahead

Yanıtlandı! Cevabı görüntüle Ben de bu sorunu yaşıyorum

Bu iyi bir soru mu?

Puan 13
4 Yorum

GTABobby, What do you mean charging chip? There are tow PM IC to powering up your HTC M8, but non of they are located around or inside charging port.

tarafından

The charging port is burned, I can not charge it. The USB is clearly burned from the inside because my phone charger overheated the phone and it ended up getting burned. The phone still says 0% and appears to work fine if it becomes charged but getting it to charge is the problem.

tarafından

if you can clearly see the burns, then that must be the culprit, i might even advise you to repalace the battery if you plan on taking the phone apart..

tarafından

the same thing happend to me but with my galaxy s4... if someone knows if this is fixable please let me know

tarafından

Yorum Ekle

5 Cevap

Filtre ölçütü:
Seçilen Çözüm

To burn charging port required high power current. if you use 3rd party bad quality charger it cause to pass 220V/110V direct to your phone and cause to burn charging port.

Here HTC One (M8) Teardown guide

Check in below charging term having any component burned damaged or missing

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

Check both PM ICs (PM8941 PM8841) and the any short circuit in Micro USB pin1 and pin5

you can change the charging port with flex in any damages not found on motherboard.

by the way you are very lucky man as your battery didn't explode near your face at that time!

Good luck!

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 2
Yorum Ekle

im haing the same problem , am I better to just buy a new phone?

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 1

4 Yorum:

You might have to get a new phone. But before you do that its best to disassemble the phone to see if the battery or circuit board is burned. If any of those two or both are burned. That might be why the phone charger is burning. But you could also call your provider or the place where you got the phone.

tarafından

i think you should just get it fixed

tarafından

@mune_mage i got the phone from a friend and my question is how much it will cost to get both of those fixed

tarafından

Mine is a TCL A3X nu charger head got burned n affected my phone. The phone works perfectly OK but it can't charge. I don't where the fault is coming from

tarafından

Yorum Ekle

If you want to replace M8 USB port, that's the guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQjJkkok...

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 0
Yorum Ekle

my iPhone 5 chip in the inside is burnt and WONT CUT ON I tried getting a new charger but that did not work the phone wont cut on and when I look in the inside the charger chip is burnt I wanna know how much it will cost to fix it and what is wrong with it I think both the battery and the charger chip is the problem type bye Travion.mcgaughey

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 0

1 Yorum:

any answers to my question

tarafından

Yorum Ekle

When I plugged my Samsung s8 plus in I saw smoke coming out of the charging port then the next day it didn’t turn on at all.Anyone know why?

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 0
Yorum Ekle

Yanıtını ekle

GTABobby sonsuza kadar minnettar olacak.
İstatistikleri Görüntüle:

Son 24 Saat: 4

Son 7 gün: 16

Son 30 gün: 58

Her zaman: 41,769