7 minutes of hot water...replaced both elements and both thermostats.
So I have a week old AO Smith 50 gallon hot water heater that I used to replace a 10 year old leaky hot water heater. Installed it last week but I am getting about 8 minutes of hot water. I have done the following…
- Replaced upper and lower elements (when I pulled the upper coil it was very hot and had a bronze finish to it, the lower coil was cold and looked brand new)
- Replaced upper and lower thermostats
- Checked emptied water and sink filters for signs of a broken dip tube
- Emptied the tank and verified that the lower 2/3 of the tank is carrying cool water, upper 1/3 is hot
- Checked that the wires on top of the heater are sending power
- Verified that the unit is receiving 240
The old unit was connected with PEX which I cut and attached shark bite flex tube connection to the top of the new unit. So far, AO Smith have been a pain to deal with. I do have an appointment for a plumber to come out next week but it would be great if someone knew of anything else I am not testing.
Bu iyi bir soru mu?