Replacement battery reported "overheat" and won't charge
I replaced an old battery with the one I got from ifixit in my Pixel (original) phone. Now I have a really hard time charging it because, apparently, it’s reported as overheated, although it’s never even warm to the touch. The only way I’ve been able to charge it so far is to put the phone in the freezer and charge without turning the phone on. Once on, it will not take any charge and is stuck on whatever charge it had before turning on. The battery is reported “overheat” pretty much all the time, even when not charging.
I am convinced I ordered the correct battery and did not make any mistakes when replacing it. It seems like a deficient temperature sensor on the battery. Any ideas?