Cant charge and USB C ports stopped video output to external monitor.
USB C ports stopped video output to external monitor. This is a problem that has been there for a month now. Today however, the laptop also stopped taking a charge. When the power button is pressed the screen turns on and displays the empty battery icon. The charger is plugged in and has been plugged in for an hour.
Things we tried:
- Two different cables USB C to HDMI and USB C to display port: Doesnt help. Cables work perfect on a windows laptop.
- Two different external monitors: Doesnt help. Monitors work perfect on a windows laptop.
- Apple Diagnostics (hold d at start up): No issue found
- SMC reset (Shift, control, option, power 10 sec): Doesnt help
- NVRAM reset (option,command, hold after startup for 2 bootloops): DOesnt help
- System Integrity Protection (csrutil) disable: doesnt help
- Tried different OS (Ubuntu Live): cant detect external monitor HDMI or displaport
- Tried a different charging adapter.
Suspected problem with the Two Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB-C)