Ana içeriğe geç

Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

182 Soru Tümünü görüntüle

Not heating, everything works but at reduced power, fan and lights dim

My microwave won't heat but seems to be running at reduced power otherwise, the fans are quiet and the panel's dim, what could cause this?

Bu soruyu yanıtla Ben de bu sorunu yaşıyorum

Bu iyi bir soru mu?

Puan 0
2 Yorum

Hi @enotch3 ,

What is the make and model number of the microwave?

tarafından

Kenmore Elite 721.80823500

tarafından

Yorum Ekle

2 Cevap

Filtre ölçütü:
En Yararlı Yanıt

Hi @enotch3 ,

A dim display and no heating etc may be due to low supply voltage.

Check if the AC supply voltage is OK to the oven and if so, check if the voltage is OK at the LV transformer connection on the control board.

If low there is may be a faulty line noise filter (part #5041Interior parts 2 Diagram

If the voltage supply is OK, here’s a link to the wiring diagram for the oven. (scroll to the right through the parts diagrams to find the wiring diagram)

There is a LV transformer (low voltage) on the control board that supplies the power for the board. The control board then operates the appropriate relays on the board to connect the line voltage for the motors, fans, HV power circuit for magnetron etc. to operate.

Long story short, you may have to check the control board for any obvious damage e.g. burnt out components, blown or bulging capacitors etc and also that there is the correct output voltage from the LV transformer. There isn’t any information regarding the control board so it will be difficult to find the problem unless there is something obvious to be seen.

Be safety aware when working with supply voltage and also in a microwave oven.

The HV capacitor in a microwave, can store >5000V DC for months even if the power to the oven has been disconnected for this length of time. This amount of voltage can seriously injure you. You need to correctly discharge the HV capacitor as soon as possible after removing the cover from the oven and before commencing any other work in the oven. If you don’t know what you’re doing then don’t do it!

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 1
Yorum Ekle

This could be caused by a problem with the high voltage diode, which helps to power the magnetron.

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 0
Yorum Ekle

Yanıtını ekle

Enotch3 sonsuza kadar minnettar olacak.
İstatistikleri Görüntüle:

Son 24 Saat: 0

Son 7 gün: 3

Son 30 gün: 17

Her zaman: 350