Background and Identification
LaCie is a computer hardware company that mainly distributes external hard drives. The company originated as two separate companies, one called electronique d2 in Paris, France, and another called LaCie located in Tigard, Oregon. The French company acquired LaCie and began focusing on IT storage. The LaCie Minimus was released in October 2009 and is available in 1TB or 2TB.
The LaCie Minimus is quite larger than your typical internal hard drive, at 4.4 x 1.2 x 6.8 inches, and weighs about 1.9 lbs. The shape is purely rectangular, with metal finishing along the sides and top. A power button is on the left side of the back, as well as the power and USB 3.0 cable connectors. The LaCie logo is on the front left and is ingrained in the casing. The hard drive sits on top of two long rubber feet along the left and right sides.
- Drive type: 3.5-inch external USB hard drive
- Connector options: USB 3.0, USB 2.0
- Size (WHD): 4.4 x 1.2 x 6.8 inches
- Weight: 1.87 lbs
- Available capacities: 1TB, 2TB
- OSes supported: Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Mac OS 10.5 or later
- Software included: LaCie Setup Assistant; LaCie Backup Assistant (PC and Mac), 10GB Wuala Secure Online Storage (1 year included)