My phone fell 5 feet to concrete and landed edge on, shattering the glass. I've been using it that way for 6 months, finally got around to replacing it.
Repair went smoothly, up to the point of noticing about 20 tiny shards of glass stuck in the adhesive at the top and bottom of the phone. I spent 3 times as long picking these shards out as I did with the rest of the teardown/reassemble. I used a magnifying glass, some scotch tape and a pushpin to get all of it off. Stubborn pieces were made easier by pushing them to the edge of the adhesive.
Worksheet for screws made reassembly simple. Be patient, don't force anything,