I've done a few of these and I use the method Robert uses, takes no more than a hand full of seconds (note, I push on it with plastic spudger, wouldn't want to get the oil from my hand on the glue for the copper piece). I used to use the back end of a tweezers and put it under the connector and press the connector and logic board onto the tweezers, this worked well, but not as easy as just pushing it with the board.
Be careful not to lose the black plastic triangle spacer (roughly the same shape as the one you removed in step 25, just thicker). This spacer can be seen in the first picture (step 26) in the lower left hand corner near the palm. It goes under the metal.
Loose Upper left corner issue solved. OK, I couldn't help but take it apart again. This time with a heat gun and not a blow drier. Wow, what a difference, came apart easy. I figured out that it is the long ribon cable that connects under the main board (digitizer cable?). Anyway, this needs to be folded in three or four places, mine was only folded once when I took it apart and ended up between the LCD and the metal plate above the battery, folded it and it went back together perfectly. Hope that helps.
Notice the orange cable in the upper left of step 6 (click huge image). After you located that image notice the lack of adhesive on that cable. The adhesive is on the ridge behind it and on the grey piece next to it. I believe this is why the upper left corner doesn't stick well as noted in my above comment. The orange cable isn't stuck down either. On the next screen replacement I do, I will be cutting the adhesive to not be over top the cable, maybe the mold should be changed? Or maybe this isn't the issue at all?
1. Take care removing the metal part near the top of the glass, heat it well so that the adhesive is still good as the adhesive (tape) kit doesn't have a piece for that location (you could cut a piece from the left over rectangle, however, it may be to thick?).
2. I used the adhesive from ifixit, precut. However, the upper left hand corner is loose (I noticed on install that it wasn't very sticky in this location as the tape it was lifting by itself). Instead of starting over with new adhesive I just bought a hard case (which is probably a good idea anyway) and clicked it together, solved.
3. If you get a black screen with multiple beeps upon restart (the ipod I replaced the screen on had a dead battery and needed to be plugged in). Just do a hard reset.
4. I suggest powering on before peeling the tape on the back side of the adhesive. Just to be sure you have the LCD connected (I had to give it a good push to get it to click into place).
Bu gerçekleştiğinde, zaman içinde kazandıkları itibarı gösteren grafiği görüntüleyebileceksiniz.
Grafiğin nasıl görüneceğine dair bir ön izleme:
Henüz itibar kazanılmadı.