Hello! I’m Robin, an English undergrad at Northern Arizona University.
Lurking in the grass, the bike which will surely one day kill me
I actually have something of a habit of taking things apart and putting them back together. I am constantly fixing my bike, which is always finding new ways to break itself because it is ancient. I like working with my hands in general; I’ve replaced a couple iPhone batteries (using iFixit guides!), and I always change my own oil. I’m excited to contribute to iFixit, since it has helped me at least half a dozen times already.
I’m aiming at a career as an fiction editor, although I can easily imagine taking a job as a technical writer along the way. I do enjoy treating writing as a logic puzzle—”how can I make this piece of text as unambiguous as possible, while still keeping it easy to follow?” (I’m actually minoring in both computer science and philosophy.) I expect our projects with iFixit will help develop that skill.
- Basic audio engineering and recording
- Clear communication and active listening
- Small electronics repairs (e.g. phone batteries, video game controllers)
- Bicycle repair/maintenance
- Android custom software (rooting and custom ROMs)
- Video game console homebrew and emulation
- Playing music (piano, guitar, ukuele, and tuba!)