"I can't hear anything out of my device."
No audio coming out of device via headphone jack
Device is on mute (the volume is turned all the way down)
- Try to increase the volume using the button on the top of the device (the side above 'sansa')
Headphones in use are faulty
- Try using a different pair of headphones to listen to the C250
Headphone jack is broken
- If this does not work, refer to Installing the Headphone Jack on the SanDisk Sansa C250 Mobile Media Player
"My device won't turn on."
When powered on, no lights illuminate on the device and the screen remains black
Battery is dead or faulty
- First try connecting your device to a power source and holding the power button down firmly for at least two seconds.
- If your device still does not power on, try removing the power cord, then refer to Installing the Battery on the SanDisk Sansa C250 Mobile Media Player to remove your battery, then reconnect the device to a power source and hold the power button down firmly for at least two seconds.
- If your device still does not power on, the power charger could also be faulty. If possible, use a different charger to charge the device.
- If all else fails, the battery could be dead. Using a new battery, plug the device in and try to start it by holding the power button down firmly for at least two seconds.
Power button is faulty
- Refer to //Link Replacing or Repairing the Power Button on the SanDisk Sansa C250 Mobile Media Player// to replace or repair the power button.
"When I plug my device into my computer, the USB device is not recognized."
Operating system displays "USB Device Not Recognized" message when device is connected
- Your drivers may be corrupt. Refer to this link to replace them.
Device needs to be in different MTP/MSC mode
- Try changing the MTP/MSC mode in the device settings
"My MicroSD card is not functioning."
- Card is not recognized by device or computer
Card needs to be formatted
- Insert the card into a MicroSD to SD converter and then refer to this web page to format the card in FAT32 if using a Mac.
- If using Windows, follow this page
MicroSD card is faulty
- Buy and install a replacement card
Card is disabled in device settings
- Re-enable MicroSD card in the settings of the C250