Does your Xbox One Wireless Controller have a malfunctioning thumbstick? Can you no longer navigate around your Xbox One? Xbox One Wireless Controllers are susceptible to a range of problems that could cause their thumbsticks to stop working. Check the following possible causes to identify and solve the problem.
If your Xbox One Wireless Controller has sticky or broken buttons, see the Xbox One Wireless Controller Has Sticky or Broken Buttons problem page for possible problems and solutions, instead.
Controller Is Not Calibrated
Navigate into your Xbox One’s accessory settings and click on the “Configure Controller” option. Move your thumbsticks back and forth to reconfigure the controller. Try using the Xbox One Wireless Controller again to test the joysticks.
If you have configured your Xbox One Wireless Controller and the thumbsticks are still not functioning properly, it may be due to residue build-up. Use the Xbox One Wireless Controller Thumbstick Replacement Guide to access the controller’s thumbsticks. Use a damp cotton swab to clean out the thumbsticks’ crevices of any dirt or sugar.
If your Xbox One Wireless Controller’s thumbsticks are still sticking or not rotating properly, the thumbsticks’ mechanisms may be faulty. To fix faulty thumbsticks, see the Xbox One Wireless Controller Secondary Board Replacement Guide. This guide shows how to replace the secondary board, which will fix your thumbstick issue without having to solder. If you have the means to solder, see the Xbox One Wireless Controller Analog Stick Replacement Guide to replace only the controller’s thumbsticks, rather than the entire secondary board.
Questions other people have asked about this
- Xbox controller thumb stick is activating my right trigger randomly
- Why does my right analogue stick keep moving to the right
- My controller constantly wants to keep moving up
- My right joystick is slightly moving up
- Why aren't my controller's joysticks working?
- How do I fix a left thumbstick that has gone completely loose?
- Is there a fix for directional "wandering" on Xbox one controllers?
- My controller keeps constantly moving to the right in game.