MacBook Pro does not boot
I started to have some issues lately with my MBP 15" MID 2009 UNIBODY. It started to freeze on unexpected moments. When I for example tried to open a new tab in Chrome or just tried to close an application, the complete OS (latest Mavericks version) froze. When I try to do a hard reboot it gets stuck on the spinner.
- MacBook Pro 15" mid 2009 unibody
- 8 GB (non original RAM but has been working fine)
- Latest version of Mavericks installed, has been working fine for some time now
- Superdrive not working but don't really need it anymore
This is what I already tried:
- Reboot: gets stuck on gear and fans go crazy
- Reboot in safe mode: gets stuck on gear / progress bar and fans
- Reboot single user + fsck check: gives me message "The volume Macintosh HD could not be verified completely."
Anybody can tell me what's wrong? I am happy to replace any parts if needed. Thanks in advance!