oil pan gasket replacement
how to replace the oil pan gasket on a 1993 jeep grand cherokee limited
Bu iyi bir soru mu?
Javier Enriquez, this should work for you"
OIL PAN REMOVAL
(1) Disconnect negative cable from battery.
(2) Raise the vehicle.
(3) Remove the oil pan drain plug and drain the engine oil.
(4) Disconnect the exhaust pipe at the engine exhaust manifold.
(5) Disconnect the exhaust hanger at the catalytic converter and lower the pipe.
(6) Remove the engine starter motor.
(7) Remove the engine flywheel/transmission torque converter housing access cover.
(8) If equipped with an oil level sensor, disconnect the sensor.
(9) Position a jack stand directly under the engine vibration damper.
(10) Place a piece of wood (2 x 2) between the jack stand and the engine vibration damper.
(11) Remove the engine mount through bolts.
(12) Using the jack stand, raise the engine until adequate clearance is obtained to remove the oil pan.
(13) Remove the oil pan bolts. Carefully slide the oil pan and gasket to the rear. If equipped with an oil level sensor, take care not to damage the sensor. The one-piece gasket is reusable.
Clean the block and pan gasket surfaces.
(1) Fabricate 4 alignment dowels from 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch bolts. Cut the head off the bolts and cut a slot into the top of the dowel. This will allow easier installation and removal with a screwdriver (Fig. 1).
(2) Install two dowels in the timing case cover. Install the other two dowels in the cylinder block (Fig.2).
(3) Slide the one-piece gasket over the dowels and onto the block and timing case cover.
(4) Position the oil pan over the dowels and onto the gasket. If equipped with an oil level sensor, take care not to damage the sensor.
(5) Install the 1/4 inch oil pan bolts. Tighten these bolts to 13 NIm (114 in. lbs.) torque. Install the 5/16 inch oil pan bolts (Fig. 3). Tighten these bolts to 18 NIm (156 in. lbs.) torque.
(6) Remove the dowels. Install the remaining 1/4 inch oil pan bolts. Tighten these bolts to 13 NIm (114in. lbs.) torque.
(7) Lower the engine until it is properly located on the engine mounts.
(8) Install the through bolts and tighten the nuts to 65 NIm (48 ft. lbs.) torque.
(9) Lower the jack stand and remove the piece of wood.
(10) If equipped with an oil level sensor, connect the sensor.
(11) Install the engine flywheel/transmission torque converter housing access cover.
(12) Install the engine starter motor.
(13) Connect the exhaust pipe to the hanger and to the engine exhaust manifold.
(14) Install the oil pan drain plug (Fig. 3). Tighten the plug to 41 NIm (30 ft. lbs.) torque.
(15) Lower the vehicle.
(16) Connect negative cable to battery.
(17) Fill the oil pan with engine oil to the specified level.
WARNING: USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN THE ENGINE IS OPERATING. DO NOT STAND IN A DIRECT LINE WITH THE FAN. DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS NEAR THE PULLEYS, BELTS OR FAN. DO NOT WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING.
(18) Start the engine and inspect for leaks.
Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?
What would be a good mix to clean the internal motor of my 97cherokee I've heard
4 part kersolene/1 part oil
Run 10 mins and drain.
HOPEING TO BRING BACK SOME OIL PREAURE
Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?
Son 24 Saat: 4
Son 7 gün: 10
Son 30 gün: 30
Her zaman: 5,559