Fungus on LCD screen
I just encountered something weird on my laptop. FUNGUS!!!!! It must be them as you can see in the picture. Yesterday it was only just a very tiny dot on the screen. After one day, it got this big.
Is there anyway that I can clean it myself? Appreciate if anyone can help me :)
Update 1 (1/12):
I haven't fixed until now, I am in the middle of the exam so don't have time to fix :( I think I will do it within 2 days.
@mayer yeah, it's not a retina display, quite old already, mid 2010, and yep, I'm in southeast asia, currently in Singapore.
@gigabit87898 yeah may be? cause I am seeing some other "stripe" on the screen now. But I don't know how the water can get inside the display. I never bring the laptop outside nor spill any kind of liquid on it. haizz
@oldturkey03 the growth is very very bad :( btw what is the diffuser sheet? Is it the glass?
BTW, is it ok to use bleach to kill this thing as @joshw suggested. after using the bleach, should I leave the panel for some times before reassembling it back?
Here's the picture of the most up-to-date condition :(
Update 2 (4/12):
I tried to dissemble the glass but I failed. It was too brittle that it started to shatter as soon as I pulled the glass up. I am ordering a new front glass now and it will be arriving in 1-2 weeks time. I will update you guys as soon as I receive it.
Update 3 (28/12):
My friends and I managed to disassemble the glass and we all hoped that it was on the glass but no :( it's still there, inside the LCD screen I guess? We did use IPA to clean the screen but no effect. I think I will have to order another LCD screen for replacement. This is how it looks like now, really bad right? I guess the mold has won this fight lolol
For this one, I didn't notice it at first. Now, I'm wondering if it is the mold or the screen malfunction itself.
Bu iyi bir soru mu?