"Moisture has been detected" issue.
All of a sudden my S7 active started to claim that “moisture has been detected” and that I had to remove the cable and dry the charging port. The phone has never been exposed to water. I followed all the advice I could find online:
· Stored the phone in basmati rice for an entire week
· Used hair drier for over 3 hours blowing straight into charging port and open SIM card port
· Left it in the sun for a few hours constantly ensuring it never overheated
The problem persisted and the battery ended up dying. I then followed the disassembly guide found on ifixit.com and removed the piece of board that contains the charging port. I then cleaned it and removed any sign of corrosion (which there sure was). Now re-assembled the phone refuses to react to the power button as well as to the charging cable and remains completely dead. Any advice? Can I buy the piece of board with the charging port from anywhere?
Thanks for your answer!