Screen backlight works but no image
My father’s MacBook Pro display is not displaying any image. It happened when he opened the laptop and suddenly the picture was gone.
A couple of points.
- The backlight is working fine and I can adjust the brightness.
- Connecting the external monitor works.
- I’ve opened it up twice and disconnected/reconnected the display cables (as far as I know, the right cables). I did not clean the contact pins or anything like that.
- I’ve tried the reset PRAM/NVRAM and SMC.
- Starting up in diagnostic mode doesn’t help as it doesn’t work with external displays.
- I managed to reinstall a clean version of macOS by booting into recovery mode, having the screen open 5-10mm, and squeezing my little finger between the display and touch bar to navigate through the install process, not a fun time.
This happened literally a week after the warranty expired.
edit - video as requested
Bu iyi bir soru mu?
Can you post a short vid so we can see what you are seeing this is very odd! Adding images to an existing question
Diid you select the correct system here as your issue sounds like the FlexGate issue The Design Flaw Behind MacBook Pro’s “Stage Light” Effect
What happens when you plug in an external display?
@danj I looked up the serial, and selected the model (EMC3301) based on those results. MacBook Pro 13, 2x TB3, Touchbar, 2019.
I don't think this is the stage light issue, the entire screen lights up equally, but it's black. But I can "edit" the brightness and see the brightness changes, but there is no image, just a black screen.
Works fine on an external display.
@danj I added the video. :)