mower deck will not engage when the PTO switch is turned on?
Wont stay running for more then 20 seconds
engine dies when engauging pto
Engaging my PTO blades will not stay engaged
Background and Identification
The Craftsman ZTS 7500 Lawn Mower is a sit-on-top lawn mover with a 24-horsepower (725cc) gasoline-powered engine. It contains a Briggs & Stratton® ELS V-Twin overhead valve engine with an electric start feature. It also features a zero-turn radius, meaning that the mower can turn in place for faster maneuvering. This model also includes hydrostatic drive with dual control levers—one lever for speed, and the other for direction.
The ZTS 7500 has a 50-inch mowing deck with three blades. The deck’s height is adjustable between 1.5- and 3.75-inches with button control. It has an infinite number of cutting positions and an infinite number of forward and cutting speeds (meaning there are no set speeds to choose from). It can hold up to three gallons of gasoline. The mower cuts a 50-inch-wide swath of grass.
The lawnmower’s frame is made from 14 gauge steel and the front axle is cast iron. The ZTS 7500 weighs 775 pounds. It has four anti-scrape wheels, two 11- by 4-inch front tires, and two 18- by 8.5-inch rear tires.
The Craftsman ZTS 7500 can be identified by the name “Craftsman” in white capital letters with a red background across the front of the mower. The name “ZTS 7500” is printed in red font with a white border on the vertical portion below the driver’s seat. The name “ZTS 7500” is also printed in white font along the side of the mower’s engine cover, underneath and behind the driver’s seat.
- Cutting Height Maximum (in.): 3.75
- Cutting Height Minimum (in.): 1.5
- Cutting Width (In.): 50
- Deck Width: 49 in. to 54 in.
- Fuel Capacity (gal.): 3
Accessories and Attachments:
- 2 Bin Bagger Part Number: #24921
- Accepts Bagger: Yes
- Electric Lift Kit Capable: No
- Mulch Kit Part Number: #33750
- Adjustable Seat: yes
- Air Filter Type: Dual
- Brakes Type: External cog
- Anti-Scalp Gauge Wheels: Yes
- Cooling System Type: Fan-cooled
- Cutting Deck Type: Frame hung
- Frame Type: One-piece stamped
- Hauling Equipment: Light Hauling
- Hour Meter: Yes
- Location: All other
- Number of Forward Speeds: Infinite
- Number of Reverse Speeds: Infinite
- Step-Thru Frame: Yes
- Color/Finish: Black
- Cooling Fan: Yes
- Number of Deck Anti-Scalp Gauge Wheels: 4
- Cruise Control: No
- Steering Type: Levers/Lap Bars
- Steering Wheel Type: Padded drive levers
- Cup Holder: Yes
- Cutting Positions: Infinite
- Number of Cutting Blades: 3
- Cylinder Liner: Cast iron
- Electronic Ignition: Yes
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton(r)
- Engine Lubrication System: Full pressure
- Engine Series: ELS
- Engine Displacement (cc): 725
- Exhaust Valve Rotator: No
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Overhead Valve Engine: Yes
- Valve Lifters: Standard
- Transmission Type: Hydrostatic Automatic
- Frame Material: 14 ga. steel
- Front Axle Material: Cast iron
Wheels & Tires:
- Front Tire Size: 11 x 4 in.
- Rear Tire Size: 18 x 8.5 in.
- Wheel Grease Zerks: Yes
Warranty: 2 YEAR FULL, 5 YEAR FRAME & FRONT AXLE
Power & Performance:
- Horsepower: 24
- Item Weight (lbs.): 775
Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1-year parts and labor