iPad Pro 12.9" 4th Gen Teardown
Background and Identification
The fourth-gen iPad Pro sports a new LiDAR camera for advanced depth measurement as well as a minor processor bump from last year’s third-gen iPad Pro.
The most often replaced iPad Pro 12.9" 4th Gen parts include the battery, screen, and USB-C port.
- 12.9" Liquid Retina Display with 2732-by-2048 pixels (264 ppi). Features True Tone and ProMotion technology.
- A12Z Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture, a Neural Engine, and an Embedded M12 coprocessor
- 64/256/512 GB, 1 TB
- 6 GB RAM
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- Cameras / Sensors
- Wide: 12MP, ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Ultra Wide: 10MP, ƒ/2.4 aperture, and 125° field of view
- LiDAR Scanner
- TrueDepth: 7 MP, ƒ/2.2 with Face ID
- Size and weight
- Width: 8.46 inches (214.9 mm)
- Height 11.04 inches (280.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.23 inch (5.9 mm)
- Weight: 1.41 pounds (641 grams)
Apple: iPad Pro specs
WIRED: iPad Pro 2020 review