My iMac Shocked Me! Why and how do I fix it?
I just got a brand new 27" iMac 5k 3.4 GHz system.
When I opened the device I immediately connected the Magic Keyboard to charge it. My foot was naked touching the bare ground. I felt an electric shock from the keyboard, I disconnected it and then touched the lighting cable end it to also give me a painful electric shock.
I first thought was to google the problem, I read that the problem would be caused by lack of grounding, my home doesn't have one. But, I already have a Mac Mini and a MacBook Air and when I touch them barefoot it doesn't shock me.
I contacted AppleCare, they asked me to return the device to the store to diagnose it.
I bought the device from a verified reseller as where I live we don't have an official Apple store. First the tech guy was saying that he doesn't feel anything and the device looks fine. I asked him to remove his shoes and touch the lighting cable then he felt it.
After 3 days the store contacted me that they diagnosed the device and sent report to Apple and they refused the case and explained it's relate to the atmosphere. I told him but I have an Mac Mini and MacBook Air and they don't shock me!
He commented that as long as the case hasn't been refused by Apple he can't do anything.
Does it ordinary for a brand new iMac 2017 to electrically shock me! Why other devices - connected to the same power source in the same atmosphere - doesn't shock me.
I am worried that a component touching the chassis and it would damage the device after a while.
Currently I am waiting AppleCare spoke person who are responsible for my case to verify what the store service center informed me.
Please advice, should I accept that?
Bu iyi bir soru mu?
I would be interested to know what the outcome was of the investigation of why you received an electric shock from your IMAC computer. I had a similar problem. Please message me at email@example.com
I have the same problem as well with my brand new IMAC.
Anna ˆˆ tarafından
Looks like the problem is more common.
Please email me and we can share notes
I purchased my IMAC in 2018 and had the same problem . Seems that Apple is not addressing the problem.
I live in the UK where have 220v and apparently the problem is more common with 220v systems and is caused by the fact that Macs are not grounded.
I get a mild nipping sensation on any sensitive skin area that touches the sharp edge of my iMac, Macbook Pro and my old Mac Air - typically my inner arm or, strangely, my elbow, as I'm reaching for something else. I can't feel it on my fingers. This happens whether I'm barefoot or not but is probably exacerbated by being barefoot. It's never actually painful though - but I don't think I'd experiment with touching the end of a plugged in power supply when I'm barefoot anyway!
David Beaumont tarafından
1 tane daha yorum göster