Why is my plug overheating>?
I just bought a second hand window A/C unit. (Bad move, I know...) Its working well, but the plug is getting very hot. When I take it out of the socket, the prongs are hot enough to burn me. The strange thing is that the wire itself doesn't feel hot, only the plug. When I used an extension cord the whole extension cord heated up.
I tried 2 different sockets on 2 different circuits and got the same results. The A/C is 12 amp, on a 16 amp breaker.
Anyone have an idea what the problem could be, and can it be fixed?
Thanks very much!
Bu iyi bir soru mu?