MacBook Pro Retina 13 2014 a1502 Trackpad Jumpy + Screen Sleeping
Hey everyone, I am trying to figure out what is the culprit with my MBP 13 Retina
This issue is off and on. The trackpad would work like normal, then the screen would fade into black (like it’s going to sleep) I can wake it via the keyboard and trackpad but the trackpad would be erratic. Clicking is fine but the trackpad movements the mouse would jump. Then the screen would fade to black again. A PRAM and NVRAM reset doesn’t fix it.
Things I have done:
- PRAM and NVRAM reset
- Apple hardware test passes
- Coconut battery shows Full Charge Capacity 35%* No Battery Bulge
- Disassemble the whole logic board and cleaned it with air.
- Checked for missing transistors and/or chips. I didn’t see anything missing
- Checked the hall sensor on the logic board. It looks fine. Saw a bunch of Youtube videos of Louis Rossman and it seems like the hall sensor was ok
- Took a magnet to the where the hall sensor is and the mac sleeps and wakes fine
- Reseated every ribbon cable on the laptop
Again it’s weird issue. The laptop would work totally fine then the trackpad starts becoming erratic than the screen would fade to black.
Also to note: when the trackpad is being jumpy the keyboard works 100% fine, if I plug a mouse in it works 100% and doesn’t jump around but the screen would still fade to black and I would have to wake my laptop.
EDIT #1 Here is the coconut battery screenshot
Also I ran the following command:
while true; do sleep 5; ioreg -r -k AppleClamshellState; done;
When the screen fades to black. I check the clamshell state and it states no.
Also looking at Ioreg info I saw this | "Last Sleep Reason" = "Clamshell Sleep"