A1708 MBP does not always reboot after installing a custom ssd
A few days ago I swapped the factory-installed 128GB SSD for a Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2242 SSD on my 2017 MacBook Pro without a touchbar. The installation itself went without any problems and the new SSD was recognized immediately.
With the help of an external recovery stick, I first formatted the new SSD as APFS and in the GUID partition scheme and then installed Big Sur. During the installation where the MacBook had to restart several times, I noticed that the MacBook shuts down, but then I had to restart it manually because it didn't do this by itself. Big Sur is now fully installed and I have all my data back via a Time Machine backup, but it still seems to have a problem when restarting:
It switches off, takes about 15 seconds, then switches on again and then shows the folder symbol with the question mark - it does not seem to recognize the hard drive.
If I then manually shut it down again and then boot into recovery mode with cmd + R (sometimes it is the Internet recovery and sometimes the system-internal recovery, booting into recovery mode from usb drive works as well) and then shutdown the macbook in this mode and then start it again, the macbook booted without exception and without any problems always normal to MacOS.
After this procedure when I am in the operating system, the following appears in the error report:
MCA Error Report CPU Machine Check Architecture Error Dump (CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-7360U CPU @ 2.30GHz, CPUID: 0x806E9) CATERR detected! No MCA data found.
Strangely, if I shut down the macbook normally and then turn it on again, this problem does not occur, so that the mac then boots normally into MacOS.
Things I've already tried to solve the problem:
- SSD completely erased again, reformatted, installed the factory-installed MacOS Mojave and updated from there up to BigSur
- PRAM / NVRAM & SMC reset
- deactivated FileVault and restarted
- started in safe and verbose mode
- rapaired the ssd in disk utility tool several times
- with 'bless -mount "/ Volumes / Macintosh HD" -setBoot' set the hard disk again as the start volume and restarted, here I have deactivated SIP beforehand, because this command otherwise failed with "Could not set boot device property: 0xe00002bc"
- tested MacBook with apple diagnosis (held D key at startup), ended with ADP000 - No issues found.
- adjusted power management settings with pmset command to counteract the rapid discharge of the battery
All of these attempts were unfortunately unsuccessfull.
I'm really desperate. Does anyone know a solution?
Bu iyi bir soru mu?
My adapter is “NFHK N-1708A”, name and detail color gold
I have the same problem with you, did you sort it out in any way?
No, I sadly didn’t solve the problem. :(
I ordered another SSD Sabrent with his adapter, I'll tell you if I solved the problem in a few days
I have same problem with Sabrent 2Tb ssd and Sintech adaptor, I tried with another adaptor but didn't solve the problem. wondering to order another Sabrent ssd ... waiting for your report.
12 tane daha yorum göster