Ana içeriğe geç

LG's flagship smartphone, with a unique slide-out battery and detachable I/O module supporting multiple hardware expansion options. Released in April 2016.

146 Soru Tümünü görüntüle

dropped phone down toilet

Dropped my lg g5 down the toilet I have dried it out and it seems to work but the touch screen comes on but does not respond when trying to access it but when the phone goes into stand by and you tap the screen it comes on but does not respond to touch is this a fault with the proximity sensor or the screen

Yanıtlandı! Cevabı görüntüle Ben de bu sorunu yaşıyorum

Bu iyi bir soru mu?

Puan 1
2 Yorum

Ok ,I have had the same problem. Have dried my phone completely and started it up ,it has come on and is working just fine BUT it's slow working, eg. Opening of an app' is taking an exra 6seconds to open. The pages on screen are sort of sticking and responding quickly. Any help please.


Hi @andybutch ,

By 'dried completely', does that mean that you dis-assembled it and completely cleaned and dried it using IPA 90%+? This includes disconnecting flex cable connections and clean and dried connector sockets and cable ends as well as any other water affected components.

With liquid damage you have to ensure that everything has been cleaned and dried to prevent corrosion continuing or providing circuit disruptions.


Yorum Ekle

2 Cevap

Filtre ölçütü:
Seçilen Çözüm


As you know water and electronics and electricity are not a good mix.

The minerals in the water (all water except distilled water) cause corrosion and water being a good conductor provides circuit paths for the electricity which were not in the phone's operating design and could damage the components. The corrosion process starts straight away

First do not turn on your phone and then you need to with the phone turned off, remove the battery as soon as possible from the phone to minimize further damage.''

Then you need to dis-assemble the rest of the phone and clean all the affected parts using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ to remove all traces of corrosion and water. Do not use "rubbing alcohol" as in some cases this is only 70% and is not as effective. If you do check the label to verify the amount

Here is a link that describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

You may have to replace the battery as it is very hard to recover a battery from water damage.

As always with electronics, especially surface mounted PCBs be gentle when handling and especially when brushing away the corrosion. You do not want to remove any components from the board.

Hopefully after you have done all this the phone might possibly work correctly again.

Here is a link to the ifixit guide(s) for repairing your phone.


If this process seems too daunting, take your phone to a reputable, professional mobile phone repair service experienced in water damage repair and ask for a quote for a repair. If you decide to do this, do it sooner than later.

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan 4

2 Yorum:

Hi the battery did not get wet it was only in the water for about a second



Fair enough. I stated that it "may" have to be replaced, not that it will have to be replaced. A lot depends on how quickly it is removed from the phone. If the phone is still wet inside and the battery is still in, there is the potential for the battery to discharge to a point beyond recovery, even with the phone switched off, due to the water providing the electrical circuit paths.


Yorum Ekle

Try opening it, and fill it with rice to completely dry it. After 24 hours, take the rice out and look at a teardown to see if your device is wired improperly.

Update 2/2/17

Actually not rice just dry it with a hair dryer but DO NOT microwave as that is dumb and stupid.

Update 3/2/17

Apperantly rice isnt the way to go, use Isopho whatever alcohol to clean the inside and remove corrosion.

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

Puan -1

3 Yorum:

I have striped the phone down cleaned with alcohol seems to all be ok but the does not recognize touch


Hi @kurt_1411

IPA 90%+ or an UltraSonic cleaning bath are the only ways to ensure that the effects of water and corrosion are properly removed.

This link may be of interest to you.

Don't Put Your Device in Rice. Here's Why...


Hi @lesliejellicoe,

Did you disconnect the screen flex cable from the systemboard and clean the contacts on the end of the cable and in the board connector with IPA 90%+ as well?

Also use a magnifying glass to check the components on the systemboard to see if any are damaged (burnt or corroded).


Yorum Ekle

Yanıtını ekle

lesliejellicoe sonsuza kadar minnettar olacak.
İstatistikleri Görüntüle:

Son 24 Saat: 0

Son 7 gün: 4

Son 30 gün: 10

Her zaman: 11,642